Need advice..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor2be17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some advice. I've been accepted to a school I really like but I have yet to hear back from my top choice. I was complete in early September and sent them and update letter with no response three weeks ago. I have to put down the deposit for the school I have been accepted to on December 14 and am leaving the country until June in January. Is it appropriate to contact my first choice school telling them I have been accepted some place else or at least tell them I'm leaving the county and would like to know if I qualify for an interview before finalizing my plane ticket??

Members don't see this ad.

You can definitely contact them. I wouldn't say which school offered you the acceptance, but I would say that I have an offer in hand, but this is my top choice and would like to know where I stand as far as being invited to interview. You could also send a letter of interest to the school as well, it may (or may not) help.

My update letter was essentially a letter of interest since I put they are my top choice in there. Thy never responded to my update though so I don't want to be pushy but at the same time need to finalize my plane ticket..

My update letter was essentially a letter of interest since I put they are my top choice in there. Thy never responded to my update though so I don't want to be pushy but at the same time need to finalize my plane ticket..

Ok, I see. I still think it couldn't hurt to say you've been offered an acceptance but are still hoping for an II there.