Need assistance please

Started by callie21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

callie21

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I could really use some advice from everyone. I have a BBA in Finance (3.24 GPA) and started prereq courses in Spring 2003 as a part-time student at my alma mater. Work, family responsibilities and pneumonia became a factor in Fall 2004-present. Unfortunately, I overestimated my abilities of holding a full-time job and taking several courses each semester. As a result, I have five Ws on my transcript sprinkled with A's in Gen Chem I & II and Bio I & II. Now, I'm fully recovered from my bout with pneumonia and recently resigned from my job to pursue this full-time. My questions are:

1) Do you think I should stay at my alma mater (no pharm program here) to "redeem" myself and show admissions of my capabilities with a full course load?

2) Or do you think I should apply to a school (with a pharmacy program) as a Chem major? I heard somewhere that pharmacy programs prioritize the following for admissions: (1) pre-pharm majors (2) non pre-pharm majors with all prereqs taken at the same school or (3) outside transfers as 3rd year

Any advice would be great! Thanks.