Need clarification on foreign grads returning to Canada to practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CanadianHope

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've tried to search this forum but can't seem to find the answer to my question. If I get a DVM from a non-accredited Caribbean school is the PAVE exam what I need to complete in order to practice in Canada? Is there more to it than the PAVE 4 step process?
Thanks for the help!
 
Thank you TT. That does help but I'm still a bit confused about whether successfully completing PAVE would be acceptable in lieu of the specific Canadian exams. I guess I will have to contact the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association to find out. The reason I'm asking is that I went to an info session for the Vet school in Antigua (AUA) today and they told me that in order to proceed to clinical work in the US I would have to take step 3 of the PAVE exam. That seems to be a waste if I ultimately want to practice in Canada. If anyone has more info on this I'd love to know more.