Need course advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anotherperson

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, i'm a 17 student currently doing my A-levels in the UK, one of which is Psychology. I am hoping in the future to follow the career of psychotherapy. I would be really happy with this career as it provides me a chance to really help people, and be able to live a financially-stable life (hopefully)

So obviously, I need the right choices to get me there, and this is why I joined these forums - in hope to get some advice!

I'm currently looking at the following courses at Derby University:
Under-Graduate: BSc (Hons) Psychology and Counselling Studies
Post-Graduate: Doctorate of Psychotherapy (Cognitive Behavioural)

Is this a good choice to make for my plans? Will it qualify me to be a psycotherapist? What opportunities will these courses open to me in the future?

Any insight or advice would be massively appreciated!
Thanks.
Pete