need DAT advice! should I retake it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sccermaniac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I really need some advice. I just took the DAT on 6/19 and I got these scores. I am not sure if I should retake it or apply with this score. I have 3.74 cgpa and a 3.62 sgpa. I have strong extracurricular activities and I will have good letters of recommendation. However, I am absolutely petrified with my PAT score, I was getting consistent 20-21's on CDP but I just panicked on the real DAT when one of the sections was a little different. Will most schools disregard me as an applicant because of these inconsistent scores? Thank you for any advice!

PAT 16 :scared:
QR 17
RC 17
Bio 20
GC 25
OC 25
TS 22
AA 21

Members don't see this ad.

wut do you mean by "one of the sections was a little different"?
nice science scores but that pat is kinda low

In my opinion, I think youre scores are fine. I wouldn't re-take the DAT and would apply with your current scores. Your DAT scores are not that bat; they are average for the most DAT applicant. I have faith in you!! I don't think that they are that inconsistent; you can do it.

Hi SDN,

I really need some advice. I just took the DAT on 6/19 and I got these scores. I am not sure if I should retake it or apply with this score. I have 3.74 cgpa and a 3.62 sgpa. I have strong extracurricular activities and I will have good letters of recommendation. However, I am absolutely petrified with my PAT score, I was getting consistent 20-21's on CDP but I just panicked on the real DAT when one of the sections was a little different. Will most schools disregard me as an applicant because of these inconsistent scores? Thank you for any advice!

PAT 16 :scared:
QR 17
RC 17
Bio 20
GC 25
OC 25
TS 22
AA 21

When I got to the hole punch section, I could not tell if there were 1/3 folds or regular folds. It really caught me off guard and as a result I wasted precious time.

PAT doesn't really matter. That score is fine, to be honest I don't think that score matters much. I have seen several people on here get in with a 16PAT. Your low score is reading but not too low to count you out I don't think. Your GPAs are good, better than mine were, and AA/TS are great. I would not recommend a retake.