Need experienced insight on potential decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peester

Go Gators
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking at two schools, one accelerated, the other a traditional 4yr.

The 3yr program is 40K less expensive, but may not have the "reputation" of the traditional program.

Should I worry about these things, or should I take the view that it doesnt matter what school I go to as long as it prepares me to take the NAPLEX.

At one interview, a speaker told the group that the education at the school was top notch and a lot of what we learned may be obsolete in ten years. So that makes me think that schools will give me the basics, and the rest is on-the-job-training.

Am I looking at this wrong, or will my internship rotations be the best preparation for my career?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, the three year school would be less, which means a lot, I suppose.

But if cost isn't too much of an issue, I'd go the four-year route, personally. You do learn a lot at your internship, and the four-year set-up, with summers off, allows you to recharge and also practice what you've learned.

Pharmacy school is very busy, especially if you're working. I'm very much looking to my summer of just working, instead of working and school!

My impression thus far is that Pharmacy school is full off filler that you don't need or will never retain or that will be obsolete by the time you graduate. This is just my first year so I may be wrong, but ya first year is almost worst than undergrad in terms of the BS. Go the accelerated route that will cost less. I dont know about school reputation but I dont think it matters much in the job field. You'd be insane to take the longer route.