Need guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

errrft

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 30 yrs old, Canadian citizen, green card holder in the US (so that should be fine for any school admissions in the US). I have a BA in Sociology from a Canadian university (from 2002). Worked in the music industry for the past 8 years, but have decided to go back to school, eventually to go into medicine. Unfortunately, I know I will basically have to do another bachelor degree in order to get all the pre-med courses knocked out, considering I have barely any sciences in my current degree, that's fine.

My questions are: is it fine to get some of the core classes for the first year or two done at a community college (to save some cash) and then transfer into a "good" school to finish up my pre-med schooling?

It has been so long since I have been to school, I don't even know where to start to figure out the best and quickest path do my pre med education...

Help!!

Members don't see this ad.

wtf is up with people just bouncing on here and asking a stupid question. just do a search and save everyone the time wasted from opening the thread.

Please excuse the frustration. This question has been asked and answered dozens of times recently. Do a search for "community college" and you'll see all the angles.