need h1 visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharma1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi , i am a foriegn pharmacist...
just wondering if any of u out there know if there is any hiring goin on in dallas, forth worth area who is willing to sponsor h1 visa.

is there any body i can approach?any help is appreciated.
thx

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that corporate-type pharmacies don't do immigration stuff. I think you will be better off contacting independent pharmacies, and I would start with areas with pharmacist shortage to increase chances of getting a sponsor.

pharma1 said:
just wondering if any of u out there know if there is any hiring goin on in dallas, forth worth area who is willing to sponsor h1 visa.

thx

The answer most likely depends on what field of pharmacy you're going into. If your desire is to go retail, I think you're going to find it extremely tough in a specific area. It would be easier to find a company with an H1b and go to work for them and then get naturalized and move to Dallas.

Research would be significantly easier to achive sponsorship status, by it's nature. It generally helps that research companies generally have deeper pockets then retail pharmacy outlets and can effectively buy more sponsorships (in all their forms). I know that's how my current company has gotten a few extra H1bs over the years.

Members don't see this ad :)
pharma1 said:

thx
I know about two or three years ago OSCO was hiring foreign pharmacists from where ever they can, for the phoenix area. They hired a lot from South Africa, and I know a couple from asia that they sponsored. You might want to look into that... but I think the shortage has eased up a little since then.

I think they have been known to shoot people who drive foriegn cars in Texas especially dallas... not sure what they would do to a foreigner who takes an american job? :smuggrin:

letjin said:
I heard that corporate-type pharmacies don't do immigration stuff. I think you will be better off contacting independent pharmacies, and I would start with areas with pharmacist shortage to increase chances of getting a sponsor.

After reading this message. I decided that the easier way to find out about corporate-type pharmacies policies was to ask them directly. I sent an email to Walgreens, Eckerd and CVS. I will keep posting the response i get from them
To start here is the one from CVS (yes they do petition for h1b visa):

<< Hello Raissa,
Yes, CVS does hire students at the end of thier degree and petition them for H1b visas
Working as an intern with CVS in the meantime can be done, however, we have no stores near the Memphis market

Hope this helps,
Please let me know if you need anything further.
shawn
>>

-----Original Message-----

<<From:]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:13 PM
To: E/S
Subject: international student futur pharmD

Hi,

I am an international student, who will be attending pharmacy school at UTHSC (university of Tennessee health science center). I would like to have some information about CVS policies regarding international students graduating from US pharmacy school.

Do CVS hire such people at the end of their degree and petition for their H1b visa?

can I apply to be an intern with CVS while in school?

Any information or information's source would be highly appreciated.

Regards. >>

Last edited:
Hi

I'm 4th year pharmacy student and have been working as an intern for CVS for 3 years (Int'l students can only start working as an intern after 9 months of pharmacy education). I know for sure CVS sponsor international pharmacists. My pharmacist graduated in 2000 and got sponsored by CVS. His wife graduated from a pharmacy school in London and she's used to work for CVS. They are both US citizens now. I've been working with several international pharmacists from Kenya and Ethiopia who are sponsored by CVS. They have to take equivalent exam. I got an offer letter from CVS but my concern is where I can work.
I asked a district manager of Walgreens about H1b visa. They do sponsor int'l students but we can only work in some specific areas which I'll try to find out.
The thing is I'd like to work in a hospital. I just feel like I can apply my knowledge to better improve patient care and clinical outcomes in a hospital than in a retail pharmacy. I know a pharmacist who graduated about 20 years ago got a green card offer from a hospital in Texas. Anyone know any hospitals will sponsor working visas for international pharmacists? Any information will be appreciated!