Need help/advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

destinychild.n

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I got my BPT in 2009, in Europe. I moved to the States in 2012. My BPT was insufficient for 1st degree level, required here to practice. I gave up and quit.
Lately I was thinking that I want to come back. I live in Nevada. I can't continue my master's or doctor's, because my diploma is outdated.
Thinking about time and money, what should I do?
Start PTA in Nevada for 2 years for $40k or come back to my country and finish Master's, 2 years for $5k? And they don't apply aging on bachelor's degree so far.
Is it enough to have Master's of PT in Nevada or doctor's is mandatory?
How can I be sure when I come back that my diploma is not going to be rejected again? I would be ok if I have to complete couple more classes but hopefully not 10 or so. I want to meet min requirements to be licensed with a foreign degree.
I gave myself a year to collect info. I would like to finish my master's in Lithuania.
I spent 10 years in sports and I worked as PT for 2 years in Lithuania. I liked life balance and stability.
Now, I'm a single mom and have nothing similar to it. I became a citizen of the United States. Without a degree I can get only a warehouse job and salary.
I would like to talk with someone about this matter.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Check if US recognizes Lithuanian PT education now. If it does not, then don't do it in Lithuania. If it does, then it's a little gamble what will happen by the time you finish your degree in Lithuania, but I do not see a reason why the US would change their mind and stop recognizing it if they do now.

Get in contact with Bhupinder Singh at Final Frontier. He works with many foreign trained physical therapists regarding requirements and the NPTE.

Reactions: 1 user