Need help and clarification please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PuppyEyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

So I have several questions for the pharmacy process.

For people who do not earn a Bachelor's and just want to apply as they are finishing their pre-reqs, how does the course transfer equivalency work? What I mean is that since pre-pharmacy students will be applying to several potential schools that may not be in the PharmCAS system, would they be applying as transfer pharmacy students directly to the school? and if so, each school has different pre-reqs course requirements and equivalency so if I were to take certain science courses at my current institution that would apply as transfer courses to an in-state pharmacy school, it might not be applied towards an out-of-state school. Then how can I apply to several schools with the exact pre-reqs needed when different school's curriculum require different things? Please clarify that for me. I want to state that I am going to the University of Missouri-Columbia and am planning on transferring my courses of the University of Kansas City for their pharmacy school. While this works out well, the courses that will transfer to UMKC, I don't think, will transfer the same or even be considered at Kansas University.

I am also figuring out several other potential schools to apply to, but I'm not sure how the courses will transfer when I apply. Can someone please list some private schools that are good/best to apply to and also some newer schools that might be easy to get into? Also, what are some good schools that does not require the PCAT? Can someone list several good schools (either public, private, pre-candidate) schools here? Actually, I don't care much which school I attend, just as long as I can get into one when I apply.
Which are rolling admissions as well?

Thanks all! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: