Need Help?! Applying Now To Late!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nodnol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am new here :)

Congrats for everyone that has already got accepted. However, you are all making me nervous. I live in Canadian and I am planing to apply to the US as well. Is it to late!! I realize the deadlines for the schools I want to apply to (Columbia and Penn) have not passed but with rolling admission in the US (which we don't have here in canada) am I applying to late if I get my application summited sometime in December?

I realized that I really should have gotten this stuff done a long time ago but with the DAT (I wrote in Nov), medical applications, Canadian dental applications etc. It was just to much for me to handle.

Thank you in advance and best of luck to everyone.

PS: is the adea site down today?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't quote me on this, but from my understanding certain schools' deadlines have passed already. I guess if you have good stats you can still go ahead and apply.

By the way, I think AADSAS is down today.

Don't quote me on this, but from my understanding certain schools' deadlines have passed already. I guess if you have good stats you can still go ahead and apply.

By the way, I think AADSAS is down today.

THanks for the response. I did my research on which ones were already passed and did not plan to apply to any of those. I plan on applying to penn and columbia since it is somewhat bordering canada.

hehe I realize that AADSAS was down after pressing the refresh button 2896343 times.

Would it matter if I applied now or sometime later in dec? cause how I picture rolling admission working is that were are a couple rounds and I guess if all of december is in the same round it wouldn't matter now or later in dec. Reasons why I am asking is because finals are coming up and I really need to study :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, I'm a Canadian too. The schools had my application in aug and my completed dat sept 28th and I have barely heard from any of the schools (applied to 13, only 4 interviews). I did apply to Penn and haven't heard from them. So if you're going to apply, only apply to a few bc in my opinion your chances for an american school are slim.

THanks for the response. I did my research on which ones were already passed and did not plan to apply to any of those. I plan on applying to penn and columbia since it is somewhat bordering canada.

hehe I realize that AADSAS was down after pressing the refresh button 2896343 times.

Would it matter if I applied now or sometime later in dec? cause how I picture rolling admission working is that were are a couple rounds and I guess if all of december is in the same round it wouldn't matter now or later in dec. Reasons why I am asking is because finals are coming up and I really need to study :scared:

If you want to apply, its best if you do so now.

From the date you submit its gonna take AADSAS approximately 4-6 weeks to verify your GPA, then they need to send out your application to respective schools, which usually take about another week or so.

Then after schools receive your application, you need to send them application fees in order for them to further process your application. This might take another week or so as well.

So even if you submit right at this very moment, you are looking at somewhere around Feb. or so when your applications are actually completed in schools.

You're applying to med school and dental school? ....Ummmmmm

You're applying to med school and dental school? ....Ummmmmm

sorry I am applying to dental school. When I mentioned medical applications I meant canadian medical applications that I have already completed a long time ago. It was just another thing that was on my to do list for this semester ... one of the reason why I am applying to dental school so late.

sorry for the confusion and thanks for all the support.