Need Help ASAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madhya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello:

My science GPA is 2.7 and I am taking four online courses to improve my GPA. I will be done with them by August. I am done with my application and my reference letters have been mailed already. I want to know if I have a better chance of interview if I submit my application now and send an updated transcript later or submit everything in August. My dat scores are as follow.

Reading comprehension = 20
Biology= 20
chemistry= 19
science total = 19
PAT = 18
I am applying to
Tufts University (TUF)
Boston University
University of Detroit Mercy
New York University
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
Roseman University of Health Sciences - Utah Campus (USN

I will really appreciate your feeback. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello:

My science GPA is 2.7 and I am taking four online courses to improve my GPA. I will be done with them by August. I am done with my application and my reference letters have been mailed already. I want to know if I have a better chance of interview if I submit my application now and send an updated transcript later or submit everything in August. My dat scores are as follow.

Biology= 20
chemistry= 19
science total = 19
PAT = 18
I am applying to
Tufts University (TUF)
Boston University
New York University

Your GPA is very low and your DAT scores are mediocre. If your GPA goes up to a 3.0+ after your online courses, then I would suggest waiting. If it's still going to be sub 3.0, then submit now.

Either way, you should add at least 10 more schools if you want to stand a better chance.

Hello:

Biology= 20
chemistry= 19
science total = 19
PAT = 18
I am applying to
Tufts University (TUF)
Boston University
New York University

I can't suggest anything, but I'll tell you this, the academic update period doesn't start till Mid November, so if you apply today (for example), you won't get to update your new (and improved) AADSAS GPA till November-December period.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is very likely that you will be rejected from all of the schools listed above. Like the post above, add 10 more schools.

First of all let me thank everyone for taking the time to reply to my post. I did not do well during my early years of university as I did not recognize that I had a severe case of ADHD. My short term memory is also in 9th percentile. Secondly, I lost my family members is the earth quick. All this took a toll on my education. However, I did not give up and received the help I needed. Since then my gpa has improved. In my last 15 courses I have scored A in 11 of them. But early years are still hampering my GPA. I am currently taking four online courses and are doing well in them. I am repeating my first year chemistry and physics course in fall and winter. I do not know how much it will improve my gpa.

You guys have suggested that I should add 10 more universities but most of the american school are not friendly towards Canadian students. I will really appreciate if you can suggest me some schools. Secondly, do you think it's a good idea that I write my dat again in November.

First of all let me thank everyone for taking the time to reply to my post. I did not do well during my early years of university as I did not recognize that I had a severe case of ADHD. My short term memory is also in 9th percentile. Secondly, I lost my family members is the earth quick. All this took a toll on my education. However, I did not give up and received the help I needed. Since then my gpa has improved. In my last 15 courses I have scored A in 11 of them. But early years are still hampering my GPA. I am currently taking four online courses and are doing well in them. I am repeating my first year chemistry and physics course in fall and winter. I do not know how much it will improve my gpa.

You guys have suggested that I should add 10 more universities but most of the american school are not friendly towards Canadian students. I will really appreciate if you can suggest me some schools. Secondly, do you think it's a good idea that I write my dat again in November.

IMO, if money is tight, I would not apply this year... your odds of making it (being a canadian applicant with low GPA and average DAT are pretty slim).

Applying next year to 20+ schools with an improved GPA, stronger upward trend, and same DAT (or maybe better if retake) will give you better odds.

Make no mistake about it, applying to 20 schools this year could end up being a huge financial loss especially if you don't get in to any (a good possibility)