Need help before April 26th!! Summer school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Davermz450

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN!

I am taking the DAT at the end of August and I have read a lot of threads about taking about physo being a helpful class in the bio section. Here is my problem, I can just sit in on the physo lecture this summer for free. The reason I wouldn't take it as a grade is that it is not a requirement for graduation. Or I can take a GE class this summer that is an easy A. The times over lap on the easy A and physo. I am unsure what to do because if physo is not really help fun then I'll just take the GE but if it is then ill sit in over summer and take it in the fall for an easy A.... Help folks

P.s I need to know before April 26th because that's when summer school tuition is due

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying this cycle? If so, why are you taking the DAT at the end of August? If it were me, I would not take a summer class and focus the first 6 weeks of summer on the DAT and take it in early-mid July. That will get your application in at a decent date. And you do not need physio for the DAT but I could see it cementing concepts you should have already learned from gen bio and being helpful in that sense.

not applying this cycle, next summer I will be applying. i should have made that clear. I will be finishing up my second semester of bio so all my pre reqs for the DAT will be done. But im concerned about physo! thanks for the response

Members don't see this ad :)
not applying this cycle, next summer I will be applying. i should have made that clear. I will be finishing up my second semester of bio so all my pre reqs for the DAT will be done. But im concerned about physo! thanks for the response

Never mind my response then! In that case, I would take the easy GE course and have more time to prep the DAT. Physio can be tough depending on your school and may take up too much time to give adequate DAT prep when taken in an abbreviated summer schedule. You really will be fine on the DAT without it; myself and many others have had great success on the bio portion with only gen bio 1 & 2...given adequate prep of course.

Never mind my response then! In that case, I would take the easy GE course and have more time to prep the DAT. Physio can be tough depending on your school and may take up too much time to give adequate DAT prep when taken in an abbreviated summer schedule. You really will be fine on the DAT without it; myself and many others have had great success on the bio portion with only gen bio 1 & 2...given adequate prep of course.

If you don't mind me asking how did you do on the DAT with only bio 1&2? How long did you study for the DAT? I am planning on 2 months

If you don't mind me asking how did you do on the DAT with only bio 1&2? How long did you study for the DAT? I am planning on 2 months

I got higher than 22 in biology and for an AA. I studied for about 6 weeks.

Last edited:
U don't need physiology for the Dat...its too complexed and u wouldnt be spending your time wisely

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk