need help considering options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sophi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a Canadian citizen, I finished a bachelor of engineering and master of biomedical engineering at Mcgill. Currently I am studying for the mcat and finishing my pre-requisites. My undergrad gpa is not that high around 3.4-3.5 but I have a letter of extenuating circumstances from a doctor as I had some health problems during my first year and a half or so, so my GPA for my last two years was around 3.7-3.8. Problem is I was not always a full-time student in my second and third year.

I am an older applicant and really want to get into medical school for 2011 as I am not getting any younger. I am considering applying to the US but wanted to know what schools I would have a shot with???

I have a patent and some publications as well as national awards, recognition and scholarships, as well as ECs and volunteering, My biggest weakness is the academic side, also I am not american so I will be considered an international applicant.

If I were to apply to Australia, would I be able to get into a good residency in the states after? Also do I have a shot at any US schools?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.