need help considering options

Started by Sophi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sophi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am a Canadian citizen, I finished a bachelor of engineering and master of biomedical engineering at Mcgill. Currently I am studying for the mcat and finishing my pre-requisites. My undergrad gpa is not that high around 3.4-3.5 but I have a letter of extenuating circumstances from a doctor as I had some health problems during my first year and a half or so, so my GPA for my last two years was around 3.7-3.8. Problem is I was not always a full-time student in my second and third year.

I am an older applicant and really want to get into medical school for 2011 as I am not getting any younger. I am considering applying to the US but wanted to know what schools I would have a shot with???

I have a patent and some publications as well as national awards, recognition and scholarships, as well as ECs and volunteering, My biggest weakness is the academic side, also I am not american so I will be considered an international applicant.

If I were to apply to Australia, would I be able to get into a good residency in the states after? Also do I have a shot at any US schools?

Thanks!