1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Need Help (DAT Score)

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by tisler, Jun 21, 2008.

1. tisler

Pre-Dental
    I took DAT in this january and the scores are

AA19
    TS22
    Bio20
    GC22
    OC23
    RC16
    QR16
    PA21

As you see, my RC and QR scores are really low.
    What would be my chance of getting accepted into a dental school?
    Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Simiam

Dental Student
    1) Call your schools and see if they have cut offs for individual scores...

2) If need be, brush up on your sciences and take a lot of practice tests for QR and RC then retake it.

4. blankguy

Dental Student
    Moderator move this to the DAT forum.

5. ttom

Your scores look nice, but when I saw the RC and QR part...I feel bad for you. If you scored 18 on those two sections, I would say your scores are very competitive. Based on your scores (assuming you have at least 3.3 GPA), I think you'll get interviews, but when the AdComs review your file they will not like your RC and QR scores.
    So, my suggestion. If you think you can do better than 16 on RC and QR while maintain the other scores, by all means retake the DAT. If you think you cannot, then I would go ahead and apply then try to impress the AdCom with a stellar interview.
    Good luck!

6. rose786

What's your GPA? If it's fairly good, like a 3.5 or up, then I would think schools would overlook one or two low sections. I wouldn't risk a retake if I were you.

7. JackieBrown

Pre-Dental
    Wow, I was really proud of myself until I saw this! Are those 2 scores really that important? I thought the sciences were what they focused on. My gpa is 3.74 and my scores:

PAT: 21
    QR: 16
    RC: 19
    Bio: 20
    GCH: 21
    OCH: 25
    TS: 21
    AA: 20

I feel sorta in the same boat and I just assumed that 16 would get overlooked.

8. tisler

Pre-Dental
    I think you are fine from what I hear b/c RC is more important than QR. That's why I'm really worried. I might be retaking DAT.