Need help deciding what classes to take.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rachelx1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently pre-med and going into college this fall as a freshman. So far I have three classes chosen, biology, statistics and english . After that I can't decide what other classes to take, I'm thinking maybe chemistry?? But I really don't know what other classes to take and that freaks me out.

Members don't see this ad.

Statistics, biology, and chemistry would help in terms of your pre-med requirements. I would advise you to take a class (if you can handle more credits) that fulfills your school's core curriculum if you have one. Or take a humanities course.

You should definitely look at your degree plan for your major if your college provides one. The classes that you have chosen so far look good to me, maybe try fulfilling an arts credit for your major (if it needs one). Moreover, as another upcoming freshmen I wouldn't recommend taking more than 18 credit hours this first semester. Don't overextend yourself!

Members don't see this ad :)
Gen chem would be a good class to take along with the three you mentioned. I would second _atlas's advice not to overextend yourself your first semester of college. I wouldn't take more than four courses.

Fun fact: My first semester of college was also intro bio, gen chem, statistics, and English.

Gen chem would be a good class to take along with the three you mentioned. I would second _atlas's advice not to overextend yourself your first semester of college. I wouldn't take more than four courses.

Fun fact: My first semester of college was also intro bio, gen chem, statistics, and English.

Oh my goodness that's so cool you took the same classes I'm taking this semester. Okay thank you, I'm thinking that if I take these 4 courses It will be okay.