Need help deciding

Started by Aravin17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aravin17

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am currently a high school sophomore wanting to go into medicine.
So far I know that I need an Undergrad. Then I need to take the MCAT to get into med school. But I am unsure of how the residency process works. I am also lost on how I go from resident to full doctor. I am unsure of my major, but I know I want to take a premed path. Also, what are some growing fields in medicine. I want to go into into invasive cardiology, but I am unsure of the outlook on that. Any suggestions on potential schools, both for my undergrad and med school are welcome. I am 4.0 straight A student, and I am taking a lot of AP science classes. I am really confused on how I would become a doctor so please help guide me.
Thanks!