1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Need help deciding!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by shlifer, Dec 9, 2008.

?

AZCOM or Western?

1. AZCOM

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. WESTERN

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. shlifer

2+ Year Member

AZCOM or Western

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dissected

Dissected All bleeding stops eventually
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    well....what are you looking for exactly? what is your background? I liked Western, phenomenal program, but you'd have to like living in LA which is what made me not choose it.

4. shlifer

2+ Year Member

Grew up in so cal. UCLA Grad. Love SoCal....could maybe use a change.

Concerned that AZCOM isnt fully ready for 250 People. Seems to be weak in the rotation dept. which is of cirtical improtance obviously...but i love the campus, the facilities, the university setting.....jsut worried the program isnt as strong as Western....

WEstern seemsed to be more prepared for the large class with lots of solid rotations, SP meetings, video lectures....and my #1 Pro for western is the extremely strong, socal match list. Dont like the lack of univsersity feel...."everyone is in their own world" - heard that from 5 students already.....

5. PunkmedGirl

PunkmedGirl Freshman Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would pick Western. Western is like an hour or less from LA so you would be ok living there. I think. I'm not a Cali kinda gal so actually I change my vote to AZCOM. :D Their both good schools so you go wrong with either choice.

#4 PunkmedGirl, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  6. sithr

10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Did you get off the alternate list?

7. French MD

French MD OMS-I
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Well I chose western because I liked it more, Arizona is way too hot for me! So there is no "campus" but they will have the new building opening in the fall, the class seems tight knit. And really do you need a campus when you are stuck in class all day and then study all night?

did you get into western?

plus you are from the area and med school is the time when you will need family close because you won't really have time to go travel to see them...