Need help!! Do I need to retake DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I really need some help now. I just took my DAT.

Avg: 20
Perceptual Ability: 20
QR: 18
Reading comprehension: 16
biology: 22
general chemistry:19
O chem: 24
total science: 21
My GPA is 3.7

Do I need to retake the DAT, then apply for dental schools, or apply now with this score? I am worried that If i apply later (end of Sep) it will be way too later. If I tell the schools that I will retake my DAT, then they will just put my application aside, and wouldn't view it until Sep anyway. What should I do? Please give me some ideas! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

My GPA is 3.7

Do I need to retake the DAT, then apply for dental schools, or apply now with this score? I am worried that If i apply later (end of Sep) it will be way too later. If I tell the schools that I will retake my DAT, then they will just put my application aside, and wouldn't view it until Sep anyway. What should I do? Please give me some ideas! Thanks!!

Appply now. U should plan a retake though, your rc is low. imp section

Hi everyone!

My GPA is 3.7

Apply now with your current score, but I would not tell the schools that you are retaking. Then, when your new score is out, go ahead and send them. Heck, even if your current DAT you may still be able to land an interview or two, since your other stats are pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much for answering ^.^ when I get my new score, do I send to the school which I already applied? or apply for some new schools? I believe the schools only consider your new score when you tell them you are going to retake in the application?

Thanks! should I tell the schools that I am going to retake DAT? If I do so, they will just put my application aside, and wouldn't look at it until Sep. Is that too late?