Need help for a strange Illness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher72

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends!

I'm in 3rd years of PACES ( french diploma for medicine ) and I'm here to ask you some questions, there is a real strange situation that I can't really explain. I'd like to thank you all for reading this because it's gonna be long...

So, 2 weeks ago, my GF left school because of asthma crisis, I tought everything was going to get calmed when she would sleep, but everything went a disaster. She started breathing really hard, We all tought that was asthma so we tried to calm her. But then, she couldn't move her arms and they were tensed. In addition to this, she got really tired and felt very bad in all her body, she was shaking hands and his eyelids also. That lasted like 2 hours.

She's been doing it for 2 weeks, 1 at the morning, 1 before at night before sleeping.

The problem is that since 5 days, she's starting not to breath in each crisis, and that's really scaring because She loses her mind and doesn't answer when she gets spoken.

We tought about tetany crisis, but that's too much times, and then epilepsy that is really probable...

I'm waiting for your answers and your opinion, hope you'll be of a great help!

Faithfully yours

Members don't see this ad.

SDN can't give specific medical advice. It sounds like she should be seen by physicians near her. You haven't mentioned whether she has sought medical care, but that is the only thing that we can possibly advise. I'm sorry to hear this is happening, and hope you will see to it that she gets the medical attention she requires.

In fact she saw a lot of doctors, but none of them seems to want to hear what she has...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad to hear that she was seen, sorry that it hasn't resulted in a diagnosis.

Not knowing what is going on can be very frustrating. Remember that so many patients are in that same situation, and use this experience to help you be compassionate in helping them. I'm sorry that I can't give you any more insight, and that no one here will be able to do so either. The terms of service which prevent us from doing so are intended for everyone's protection. We could, if we tried to give you opinions, just be giving you a lot of false leads and misinformation.

The only way that anyone could meaningfully help her is if they are able to examine her directly. As many patients need to do, she may need to see still more doctors before a diagnosis can be found. Good luck to you both.

Well, thank you for your help anyway, hope it's gonna be fine in the future.

yours faithfully

Status
Not open for further replies.