Need Help For Schools Abroad

Started by Shine001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shine001

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I would like to get some help sorting out ways for me to apply to a veterinary school successfully.

My situation is extreme, but not uncommon. I majored in Computer Science in UBC, and graduated in year 2002. After working as a software tester and technician for two years, I realized this is not the field for me at all. My true passion is and has always been with animal. The reason why I didn’t pursue a path that way before was because I couldn’t have handled the English language barrier since I was only sent to Canada and started schooling in Vancouver at the 11th grade. But now, I am confident and I decide to go after my dream.

My problem here is that since I didn’t predict this career change, I don’t have much prepared to compete with students out there who have years after years of animal experience and strong references. I am just making up pre-req’s of Biology and Chemistry courses now at UBC again. I schedule to have all the pre-req’s done by this December.

I understand my situation is in disadvantage, so I spent some time researching on options abroad. There are two areas I am looking into, which are veterinary schools in Caribbean and Australia/NZ. Fumbling around on the Internet for days without a firm direction, I would appreciate so much if anybody here can give me a hand sorting out application requirements, processes, and deadline for schools abroad. I need your help urgently. Here is my email: [email protected] ....waiting to hear from you.

Thank you very much,
Shianne