Need help for slow CA board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmkelly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submited all information to apply CA pharmacist licensure at 12/8.Still nothing heard from them so far.
They told me the same thing as they told Derek723,they are busy working for backlog and trying to catch up everything the end of this week.
I am really frustrated and tired wating.Any tip for me?Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

try going to www.psiexams.com and sign in and see if you can schedule your exam. It will show up on that web site before you actually get your paper work. I just checked the website today and I am finally eligible! I'm scheduled to take it Friday. I still have not received the paperwork from the California Board.

try going to www.psiexams.com and sign in and see if you can schedule your exam. It will show up on that web site before you actually get your paper work. I just checked the website today and I am finally eligible! I'm scheduled to take it Friday. I still have not received the paperwork from the California Board.
Hi DEREK723,

How was the CPJE exam? Did you take it on Fri Feb. 8th? What do you think is/are the best materials to prepare for the clinical part? What are the TOPICS ? Any CrCl calculations? Thank you in advance for your response

I am also planning to take CPJE in April, any suggestions regarding which material to study would be helpful.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up taking the CPJE on the 15th. When I went on te 8th my identifications didn't match so I couldn't sit for the exam. ( I didn't realize that when I moved here to CA that my new license spelled out my middle name instead of using just my middle initial like my old NY license). Anyway, I think I did a lot better than the first time I took it. There really is hardly any law questions, it's almost all clinical questions. I prepared for it in the same way I prepared for the naplex. I used that review book from APhA. I just skipped to the parts of each section that focused on the drugs. (side effects, interactions, etc.) I did have a CrCl question, but they gave me the equation right in the question, which was nice because I can never remember that stupid equation. Though they didn't give me the patient's height so I couldn't use IBW so i just used the actual body weight. I had questions on herbals, which I got wrong. Also some on parenteral nutrition, probably got wrong. ( I mostly remember the questions that I had trouble with.) There were at least 3 or 4 questions that were straight from that sample CPJE on the board's website. I got the very first question wrong. it was some hospital drug. I think epoprostolol or something. Anything hospital related I most likely got wrong. Well, that's as much as I can remember right now. I really hope they grade it soon and hopefully I passed.

I re-took mines on the 11th.

Results should be in 2 - 2 1/2 weeks. This time around, I got about 2 questions from the Board Sample CPJE. The Parenteral Nutrition questions was a PAIN. I hope I pass and wish the same luck to you Derek. Think positive

I ended up taking the CPJE on the 15th. When I went on te 8th my identifications didn't match so I couldn't sit for the exam. ( I didn't realize that when I moved here to CA that my new license spelled out my middle name instead of using just my middle initial like my old NY license). Anyway, I think I did a lot better than the first time I took it. There really is hardly any law questions, it's almost all clinical questions. I prepared for it in the same way I prepared for the naplex. I used that review book from APhA. I just skipped to the parts of each section that focused on the drugs. (side effects, interactions, etc.) I did have a CrCl question, but they gave me the equation right in the question, which was nice because I can never remember that stupid equation. Though they didn't give me the patient's height so I couldn't use IBW so i just used the actual body weight. I had questions on herbals, which I got wrong. Also some on parenteral nutrition, probably got wrong. ( I mostly remember the questions that I had trouble with.) There were at least 3 or 4 questions that were straight from that sample CPJE on the board's website. I got the very first question wrong. it was some hospital drug. I think epoprostolol or something. Anything hospital related I most likely got wrong. Well, that's as much as I can remember right now. I really hope they grade it soon and hopefully I passed.

I took mine on the 22nd. let's see how long it'll take to get our results. For the most part, I thought it was easier than NAPLEX. Any inputs?

I re-took mines on the 11th.

Results should be in 2 - 2 1/2 weeks. This time around, I got about 2 questions from the Board Sample CPJE. The Parenteral Nutrition questions was a PAIN. I hope I pass and wish the same luck to you Derek. Think positive

Did you get your results yet? Please let me know when you do so I will know that my results should be coming soon after. Thanks!

I retook on the 11th and haven't heard back yet!

I am really hoping to see it in the mail this week! I'm also watching for everyone else's here so I know if mine is late.

Still no results for anyone!? Ugh, I should have known this was going to take forever. Does anyone know about how long it will take to get my license once I pass my CPJE. Will I have to wait another month?

Still no results for anyone!? Ugh, I should have known this was going to take forever. Does anyone know about how long it will take to get my license once I pass my CPJE. Will I have to wait another month?

The passing letter says a week but my boyfriend checked online and was officially licensed 3 days after he sent in payment.

The actual license doesn't come until a month later but all you need is your name to be in the database on the board of pharmacy website to practice pharmacy as a legit pharmacist.

Thank you so much for the info. Hopefully we will be getting our letters saying that we have passed soon!!

I know! Everyone cross your fingers for this week, I'd like results by Wednesday so that they can change my pay-rate in time to start next Monday!

From what I've heard if you overnight your payment it only takes a couple days for your info to be posted online. I think we all know the only thing the board does fast is cash our checks ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
No I havn't heard yet. I took mine after you and pharmtard though. I really hate the california board of pharmacy. It will be a 4 weeks for you guys on monday right? It's been 3 weeks for me. Are we going to have to start calling and e-mailing the board? haha.

i'm retaking the CPJE in a few weeks....have already passed the NAPLEX. any suggestions on reading/review materials. i have the kaplan and APhA books. i am thinking of buying the prontopass cards b/c the CPJE will be a retake for me. i want to pass it this time...esp b/c they take forever to mail out the results.
please help.

Derek, or anyone else, can you please link me to the Boards' sample CPJE exam? I have the packet that PSI sends in the mail.

I am getting ready to retake mine as well.. didnt pass first time around!

I have not heard anything back from the Board either. It's been about 2 and a half weeks for me.

I have not heard anything back from the Board either. It's been about 2 and a half weeks for me.

It will be 30 days for me, today since taking the CPJE.

I just e-mailed them to ask when the results for those who took CPJE in Feb will be sent out. I'll let you guys know what they say

Thanks jasmine0211. :) Yes please do keep us informed. I just checked the Board's website and there is NO notice posted about a quality assurance assessment for the months after Nov. 2007. So I don't know what the hold up is. You'd think that scores would be sent shortly after taking the exam. I got my NAPLEX results a week after taking it!

still no result or reply to your e-mail jasmine? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. should I send an e-mail too? it will be 30 days for me tomorrow. this is so frustrating!

still no result or reply to your e-mail jasmine? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. should I send an e-mail too? it will be 30 days for me tomorrow. this is so frustrating!

For those of you who it has been 30 days and no letter, the Board says to send them an e-mail with your complete full name and they will check the status of your exam:

intern-examstatus[at]dca.ca.gov

well, I sent an e-mail to the board to have then check the status of my exam. I'll will let you all know what I find out. If they ever reply.

Good luck to all CPJE taker.Please email board if you took your exam before 30 days.They will respond in 2 days

Hello,

I am looking for help with the CPJE. I dont want to pay 1600 for morris cody- I will be taking the CPJE for a 2nd time next month---anyone have any resources? I am licensed in md and va if anyone has any questions!!!! same with questions for naplex!

Hi everyone. I just got my CPJE results in the mail... I passed!!! Has anyone else heard anything???

Hi everyone. I just got my CPJE results in the mail... I passed!!! Has anyone else heard anything???

Congrats! May I ask when you took your exam?

I was told that there were "computer problems" which is delaying my results by a few weeks. I'm wondering if it's just my test center or if its everyone who took it around the same time I did

Congrats pharmD40!! I e-mailed the board sunday night so that they could get the e-mail early monday morning. I received an e-mail response back on Monday at exactly 4:30pm (i'm sure right before they left the office) saying only "When did you take your exam." I obviously could not get back to them the same day so I e-mailed monday night and did not hear anything back all day today (Tuesday). If anyone needs to e-mail the board because it has been more than 30 days and you have not heard any results make sure you include the date of your exam so they don't delay the response by another few days.

Jasmine---- where did you take your exam? I am getting worried since they couldn't find my record by just searching my name. Maybe because of computer problems?

Congrats! May I ask when you took your exam?

I was told that there were "computer problems" which is delaying my results by a few weeks. I'm wondering if it's just my test center or if its everyone who took it around the same time I did

Hi jasmine0211. To answer your question, it has officially been 4 weeks since I took my exam. Hopefully the Board can sort through all the tech issues relatively soon and mail out the scores. Good luck everyone :)

the board e-mailed me today and said my results were mailed out today. aaah my stomach is in knots! I really hope I passed this time!

Just want to share my experience.I took CPJE on 03/10 and got the result today.The mail has been mailed out at 03/18.How amazing.I passed it.I can not do it without God.

I have just received my results and I PASSED!!! I opened the envelope and saw the green sheets of paper - I instantly knew it was good news :)

Thank god, because I don't think I'll be able to take this a third time :D

Mine is white paper.Why it is green sheet?

I don't think it matters. When my boyfriend passed, his was a green sheet too so I knew I passed. It came with the white paper which tells your score and two additional sheets (the ones that they tell you to pay for your license) which were green. Maybe they just ran out of white paper :laugh:

I don't think it matters. When my boyfriend passed, his was a green sheet too so I knew I passed. It came with the white paper which tells your score and two additional sheets (the ones that they tell you to pay for your license) which were green. Maybe they just ran out of white paper :laugh:
maybe that is why.I got CJPE result before Naplex.I am still waiting for my Naplex.Hopefully I will get it soon.Congratulations to Jasmine

Congratulations to all who passed the CPJE. Kindly let us know as to what has to be focussed in this exam. I didn't pass in the first attempt just got a 70, and am in a fix whats to be done to get thru this exam. please help

I got my result today and I passed! I was so happy to see those beautiful green sheets! my district manager let me go to the post office during work to overnight my check. they won't get it until monday' but the sooner the better I guess. I really hope they don't take a long weekend off because of easter. has anyone that passed gotten their liscence numbers up on the web yet? I hope there isn't a delay with that too!

Congrats derek723! I mailed my licensing form a few days ago and so far no response. I heard that it can take 2 to 6 weeks to process. Kind of depends on their workload I guess. Congrats again to everyone :)

Cong, Derek!!!!
I got my Naplex today, passed.I am so happy.I will mail out everything tomorrow.Good luck to every will-be-new-pharmacist.happy practicing

Congrats derek723! I mailed my licensing form a few days ago and so far no response. I heard that it can take 2 to 6 weeks to process. Kind of depends on their workload I guess. Congrats again to everyone :)
I think a week for number to be posted online.That is when you can start to work as a pharmacist.

Congratulations to all who passed the CPJE. Kindly let us know as to what has to be focussed in this exam. I didn't pass in the first attempt just got a 70, and am in a fix whats to be done to get thru this exam. please help

Anyone have any advice on how to pass this damn thing?

For the advice to pass the exam,here is my two cents:
1.Besides reviewing APHA books for 2 times, you should check the health notes for clinical stuff.Most of the CJPE questions are concered about clinical stuff,such as IV compatitable, injection storage.
2.Read Weissman's law book very careful, then you can get most of the law part right.
3.Try to learn as much as you can as a graduate intern,espeically those busy 24 hours store that carry all unusual drugs such as Copaxone,Rebetrol.Check there refrigerator when you are there.
Try to focus to be a good and knowledgable pharmacist instead of passing the exam.Good luck to all CPJE taker.

I got my results on Friday and got an 82! Looks like the second time is better!

I already overnighted my check, so I'm wondering how long it's taking them to post results online now!
For all you that passed, let us know when your name appears online on the board's website!

My license number was up on the board's website today!! The board received my check on Monday according to the tracking from USPS. I start working as a pharmacist on Monday! Good luck to everyone! If you havn't gotten your license number yet it should be soon!