Need help from previous orphaned residents!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gflo63

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
TLDR: looking for previous orphaned residents who took their funding to another institution and would be willing to engage in a zoom call or other format to talk about their experience

The situation is that our university program and the private hospital which is our main training site got into a series of disagreements. Long story short the university opened up a new program at another hospital which only got approved last year for 4 residents to start and as we expected they are closing this program June 30th.

The university has said they will provide funding and it will go to with the residents at this time if they wish to seek another program. At the same time the university is going to try to get approval to fill all the roster from ACGME and so staying may be an option.

As expected there is a lot of confusion, heartbreak and anger. But not very much solid information. There are posts here on SDN and other sites that have been helpful but in my opinion nothing really compares to hearing from someone that went through this.

I humbly inquire the forum and ask that we practice compassion and helping someone in need. Everyone involved would be very appreciative.

If anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.