Need help getting started preparing to go to Medical Scchool in the PI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hindipilipino

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of questions that I can't seem to find answers to online. How do I obtain the application for the NMAT with the practice exam? How do I prepare for the exam? When should I take the exam? When should I apply to the medical schools?
The problem I'm having is that in America we start applying to US schools next spring; most of the schools in the PI that I have researched online say that you need a B.A. before applying; if that's so, should I even waste my money on applying to US schools? Or should I just wait?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmmm. There is a lot of great info in this forum. Spend a few hours sifting thru the different threads. Use a notebook to jot down the important stuff.

Med school starts here in June 2007. Start planning now to do what you need to do. You need an undergrad degree or you need to be in your senior year in order to have them look at your application.

Call the NMAT people. Their website contains the phone numbers. The website is listed in some of the threads here.

And make sure you know what you're getting into. Med school in the PI is not for everyone.

Could you elaborate on what you mean? Thanks a lot.

hindipilipino said:
most of the schools in the PI that I have researched online say that you need a B.A. before applying

Um, not sure if my reply addresses your question: If your dilemma is that you haven't graduated from your bachelors yet, don't worry. You can apply to a medical school here in PI as long as you're in your last year (i.e. expecting to graduate within the schoolyear). With regards to NMAT, it doesn't matter when you take this because your NMAT score validity doesn't expire, except if you're applying for UERMMC (only 2 years valid). Hope this helps... :)