NEED HELP I will even PAY YOU somehow!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arash2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I screwed up my first 2 years of undergrad just finished my second year. FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW ABOUT PETITIONING I have the option of asking my school to get rid of my low grades from my transcript with an acceptable reason as to why I got low grades (petitioning) and if my school approves it only my good grades will show on my transcript. So now I have to retake the rest of the courses which means it'll take me 6 years to finish my undergrad !

So now is Dental schools going to question me why I was a part time student my first 2 years of undergrad (since only my good grades will show up in my first 2 years of undergrad which are only a few) and by finishing my undergrad in 6 years decreases my chance of getting admissions in comparison to the traditional 4-5 year undergrad applicants ???

I NEED ADVICE TIPS IDEAS ANYTHING WILL DO PLEASE

Members don't see this ad.

It does not matter how long it takes to graduate from undergrad.
Personally, I transferred after my sophomore yr so it took me longer than 4 yrs.
There are a plenty of applicants who took longer than 4-6yr to get a bachelor. Some changed majors during 3 or 4th yr. Some went back to get a different degree. Some took time off and came back to school.

When you apply, dental schools will ask you why part time at the interview. Just tell them that you were not mature enough, was not very motivated, and didn't know what u wanted to do in life. just be honest and tell them your school had petition options. And make sure you tell them you learned form that. (developed your maturity, become more accountable and responsible).

At my interviews, the schools almost always asked me why transferred and I answered that I was young and immature, etc. "I learned much from it and had amazing opportunities to develop my accountability and responsibilities, etc. the characters that I will cherish for the rest of my life, etc." the schools really liked that.

I wouldn't sweat about it. keep working hard

Last edited:
It took me 6 years to do undergrad, I interviewed at a bunch of schools and was never asked what took me so long.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really sucked my first 2 years too. I worked my butt off for the next 3, repeating a couple classes, and i got in. But after having talked to some people who handle admissions and having seen who has gotten in at my school i'd say as long as you're going for 4 more years you should not try to hide anything, get your degree in two more years then do a one or two year masters program.

Depends on schools but I believe most of schools believe in second chance. Just do very well in rest of school and show them you had changed and you can do it. I knew few people had similar situation.