simply_me

10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi everyone,

I m new here so I dont know if this is the right place to post this topic.

I m from BC, Canada. I shall be graduating next year. I want to apply for medical faculty in UK (Oxford or Cambridge). I have looked on their websites for the entrace requirements but they need something called "A-levels". There is no such thing as A-levels in Canada. So, can someone please help me and tell me the specific courses equivalent to those A-levels required for the medical admission??

Also, could someone please tell me how long is the medical course in UK? Can I get admission right away after completing my grade 12? Do I have to complete any bachelor degree???

Thanx
Reply as soon as possible.

leorl

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2001
messymedic.blogspot.com
Status
Attending Physician
You can apply through UCAS (www.ucas.co.uk), but Oxford and Cambridge require their own entrance exam apart from A-levels. The medical course is anywhere from 4-6 years. If you do not have a bachelor's degree, you're looking at 5-6 years...although probably more like 5 years. Theoretically, you could be accepted after completing high school. Whether they will accept you is another question.

leftbank

10+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Good luck with that one. 'Competative' is a nice euphemism for how difficult it is to get in there.

OP
S

simply_me

10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
thanxx leorl for the info...and thanx leftbank for the good luck!
i appreciate that.....!!!

About the Ads