Need help in occlusal movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckydentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I SAW SEVERAL QUESTIONS IN RELEASED QUESTION PAPERS REGARDING THE OCCLUSAL MOVEMENTS WITH DIAGRAMES .I REFERED DECK , KAPLAN LECTURE NOTES AND WHEELERS BOOK .BUT I COULDNT FIND A WAY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTION.IS THERE ANY OTHER BOOK TO REFER FOR THAT PART. THANKS IN ADVANCE:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I SAW SEVERAL QUESTIONS IN RELEASED QUESTION PAPERS REGARDING THE OCCLUSAL MOVEMENTS WITH DIAGRAMES .I REFERED DECK , KAPLAN LECTURE NOTES AND WHEELERS BOOK .BUT I COULDNT FIND A WAY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTION.IS THERE ANY OTHER BOOK TO REFER FOR THAT PART. THANKS IN ADVANCE:confused:

The occlusion questions with arrows and the diagram asking the occlusal movements arent there anymore ...but a few occlusion related questions wud be there every now and then ! Firstly remb that the maxilla is stationary and its the mandible that is moving..apart from determining the side left/right etc ....reference book could be Okeson ...tooth mechanics and movement chapter ...but basically get to the basics and try to picture in ur mind what is being asked .

I usually do the following

Step 1) determine the side where the tooth is (left /right)

Step 2) determine where chewing (working) is occuring.

If the working is occuring on left side, the movement is left lateral and vice versa. If the tooth is towards the chewing side, it is on working side otherwise non working.

Members don't see this ad :)
I usually do the following

Step 1) determine the side where the tooth is (left /right)

Step 2) determine where chewing (working) is occuring.

If the working is occuring on left side, the movement is left lateral and vice versa. If the tooth is towards the chewing side, it is on working side otherwise non working.
can any one say if i could find the mesial or distal aspects of a teeth then how to determine the whether it is right or left tooth in the arch ?

can any one say if i could find the mesial or distal aspects of a teeth then how to determine the whether it is right or left tooth in the arch ?

You don't need to know the mesial/distal aspects of the tooth to determine the right/left sides.
All you need to do is:
-->understand what the Q is asking, ie whether working/nonworking movement
-->know from the question to which side the mandible/maxilla is moving

I can better explain the concept to you if you can bring up the question you want to solve.