Need Help in Picking a School?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Murphy1035

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to SDN and really would love to hear your opinions. I was accepted to Maryland and Temple Dental schools and would really like to make a decision so that I could free up a slot for someone on the waiting list. I was wondering what your guys impressions of theses school and which school you would choose to attend. Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Both are great clinical schools, both are in scary ghettos in dirty cities, I think both are similar cost.

I would go with Maryland for three reasons: reputation, student happiness, and FACILITIES! :)

I don't understand why everyone says that Maryland is in a bad area...I took a tour outside after the interview and it seemed perfectly fine...it is surrounded by the other professional schools, the hospital, the library, the new apartment building, and the new student center. For a school being in the middle of a city with a huge/diverse patient pool I would say you are not going to get much more un-ghetto than this, that is how cities look...haha watch I will probably get mugged the fist day of class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pick Maryland. I've been around the Kornberg area, and it's pretty darn dangerous. Plus, there's really nothing to do around Philly. AND ITS COLD!

Maryland, i took a tour of the school and its beautiful in my opinion, and yes that includes the surrounding area

Doesn't matter what school you pick now because you probably graduated in 2013......this thread was started in 2008.

Reactions: 5 users