1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Need Help in Picking a School?????

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Murphy1035, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Murphy1035

Pre-Dental
    Hey guys I am new to SDN and really would love to hear your opinions. I was accepted to Maryland and Temple Dental schools and would really like to make a decision so that I could free up a slot for someone on the waiting list. I was wondering what your guys impressions of theses school and which school you would choose to attend. Thanks for your help

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. somethinpositiv

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Both are great clinical schools, both are in scary ghettos in dirty cities, I think both are similar cost.

I would go with Maryland for three reasons: reputation, student happiness, and FACILITIES! :)

4. beastmode

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I don't understand why everyone says that Maryland is in a bad area...I took a tour outside after the interview and it seemed perfectly fine...it is surrounded by the other professional schools, the hospital, the library, the new apartment building, and the new student center. For a school being in the middle of a city with a huge/diverse patient pool I would say you are not going to get much more un-ghetto than this, that is how cities look...haha watch I will probably get mugged the fist day of class.

5. justindaman1141

Pre-Medical
    Pick Maryland. I've been around the Kornberg area, and it's pretty darn dangerous. Plus, there's really nothing to do around Philly. AND ITS COLD!

6. watermelon15

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Maryland, i took a tour of the school and its beautiful in my opinion, and yes that includes the surrounding area

7. StumpMT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Doesn't matter what school you pick now because you probably graduated in 2013......this thread was started in 2008.

8. watermelon15

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental