Need help in ranking these programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osteosarcoma

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I need serious help here. So according to geographical preference I want to rank these Psychiatry residency programs high on my ROL. But I am unable to figure out which program is better than other . I would really appreciate your help

1 . Harvard south shore

2. Wayne state

3. university of Toledo

4. Rutgers New Jersey

Members don't see this ad.

So you interviewed at these?

Stick with geography as your chief criterion, plus your gut feel about these programs, the people, the training. Don't worry which one other people think is best.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks a lot for your advice .

Yes I interviewed at these places plus few more but after narrowing down I have come to these 4. Still very hard for me to make a decision !

But thanks man

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with sticking with geography. When I first started this process, I told myself I was going to pick the strongest program possible. But now as I think about work-life balance, stress, finances, moving, etc... location is starting to become really important to me. And I want to be close to family. I can live away from home and be fine, but whenever I do visit home all I can think is "damn, I wish I could do this more often".

I second your point !!

Thanks !!

But if you know anything about these programs please let me know ... I mean review or sth

I can answer any questions you may have about HSS.

But I am unable to figure out which program is better than other .
Well, what criteria are you using to determine which program is better? Different factors matter more to different people (geography included).