Need help ! (January 2016 "July")

Started by Arsal786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Arsal786

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People who the PCAT for January 5th and 6th 2016 can they please provide some information regarding their exam. Was Dr.Collin material any helpful to get good score on the PCAT? Any good tips they provide for upcoming test takers ?
 
Preliminary Score Report
Verbal Ability 98
Biology 97
Reading Comp 68
Quantitative Ability 51
Chemistry 88
Composite 93

I took the PCAT yesterday morning 01/05. I used the Crack the PCAT study materials. I liked it because the format was similar to the actual test. There were also text and video explanations of answers. After you complete a practice test, it gets analyzed to compare against others. Don't put too much emphasis on your practice score, because it's based on how many questions you answered correctly, while the actual PCAT is weighted by how well you did against other test takers and the difficulty of your test.

I was pleasantly surprised by my PCAT score, a lot more difficult than the practice tests. There were passages in the biology and chemistry sections and the reading comprehension was a lot longer with 6 paragraphs each passage. The math killed me! I had 5 minutes left to answer 18 questions, so I had to guess the rest of the way. I don't think there's enough time for quantitative ability.
 
People who the PCAT for January 5th and 6th 2016 can they please provide some information regarding their exam. Was Dr.Collin material any helpful to get good score on the PCAT? Any good tips they provide for upcoming test takers ?
Collins is good for long-term studying. So yes, you should buy it and start studying as soon as you receive it. It comes with study guides and practice tests. These test questions are exactly like, if not similar to the questions on the exam. It comes with updates from each testing window. There are many people (including me) who have bought it and took the pcat, so they do not need it anymore and are selling it.
If you are not well versed with bio and chem, I would suggest also buying crack the pcat just to reinforce but the Dr.C's material should be enough reinforcement for you to score high. I studied using collins for only one and a half weeks and ended up scoring 40 points higher than the first time I took it, where I didn't study at all, like not even a little bit.
 
Collins is good for long-term studying. So yes, you should buy it and start studying as soon as you receive it. It comes with study guides and practice tests. These test questions are exactly like, if not similar to the questions on the exam. It comes with updates from each testing window. There are many people (including me) who have bought it and took the pcat, so they do not need it anymore and are selling it.
If you are not well versed with bio and chem, I would suggest also buying crack the pcat just to reinforce but the Dr.C's material should be enough reinforcement for you to score high. I studied using collins for only one and a half weeks and ended up scoring 40 points higher than the first time I took it, where I didn't study at all, like not even a little bit.

Nutripharma, how many copies of Collins have you made/sold so inconspicuously?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By the way, if you do want to buy it from someone on here, please make sure you follow your gut. I was scammed (along with many others) by some people on here to claim to have the material, make you send them a payment through paypal, and you receive nothing. If you have the $400, just buy it straight from collins and figure out the rest later.
 
Preliminary Score Report
Verbal Ability 98
Biology 97
Reading Comp 68
Quantitative Ability 51
Chemistry 88
Composite 93

I took the PCAT yesterday morning 01/05. I used the Crack the PCAT study materials. I liked it because the format was similar to the actual test. There were also text and video explanations of answers. After you complete a practice test, it gets analyzed to compare against others. Don't put too much emphasis on your practice score, because it's based on how many questions you answered correctly, while the actual PCAT is weighted by how well you did against other test takers and the difficulty of your test.

I was pleasantly surprised by my PCAT score, a lot more difficult than the practice tests. There were passages in the biology and chemistry sections and the reading comprehension was a lot longer with 6 paragraphs each passage. The math killed me! I had 5 minutes left to answer 18 questions, so I had to guess the rest of the way. I don't think there's enough time for quantitative ability.


Was this your first time taking the PCAT?