Need Help, Just started applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

condyloma

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG and I just started applying to ERAS in the first week of feb.
Since all the deadlines are over, is there any use for me to actually apply to more hospitals now? ( I was late because I wasnt sure I'd pass the last exam I took,)

If not, what else are my options, do I just wait for the post match? Or can I only apply next year now?

Please help, I dont know what to do.... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Wasn't the ERAS application deadline in early November? There are barely any programs still conducting interviews, let alone inviting people for new ones. I hope you didn't spend a lot of money on applying - it probably shouldn't have let you go through with it though. There is always the scramble, otherwise you likely have to wait until next year.

condyloma said:
I am an IMG and I just started applying to ERAS in the first week of feb.
Since all the deadlines are over, is there any use for me to actually apply to more hospitals now? ( I was late because I wasnt sure I'd pass the last exam I took,)

If not, what else are my options, do I just wait for the post match? Or can I only apply next year now?

Please help, I dont know what to do.... :confused:

Ya I am sure its of no use to apply to programs for the upcoming match. However, I think you need(or can) to use ERAS for some of the scramble. After the match you can send your application materials to unfilled programs through ERAS IF they are accepting applications that way(as opposed to fax).
Peace

Agree with above, don't waste your money applying now (not sure if eras would even let you.) Use eras documents for the scramble if you wish...

The ONLY benefit to applying through ERAS at this late date, IMHO, is to use them as your Dean's office in the scramble. Most IMGs do not have rapid access to their letters, grades, etc. which ERAS and ECFMG can forward for you to programs which you contact via the scramble.

If you do not obtain a position in this year's scramble or post-scramble match, make sure you apply well in advance of the ERAS deadline (ie, get started in August/Sept) because individual programs may have deadlines BEFORE the ERAS or NRMP deadlines.
Best of luck...