need help.. kinda stuck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanhin2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hy guys

I am an IMG, need some help regarding my prep. Here my prep up till now.

I have done Kaplan, 3 reads of FA, 3 reads of DIT, completed Uworld with an aggregate % of 61%. I took NBME7 and got 215 recently. I also took kaplan diagnostic and got 60%. I have 2-3 months left in my prep. I am aiming for at least a 240/230.

I need some help now because i have read FA many times and can rem most of the details, but i dont feel like reading it again and again just blindly.. i feel that i should just focus on the stuff that i dont know at this point. Now, how to figure out the stuff that i dont know? I feel that doing all the incorrect questions from Uworld is one way and going back and reading up about all of these questions. altenatively i was thinking i should reset Uworld and do the questions again. I can do uworld twice with the kind of time i have.

I also have kaplan Qbank which i have done here and there..

what do you guys suggest? redo Uworld? or any other suggestions? every bit of advice helps !

thanks you

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what you mean by "3 reads of DIT"... DIT is a video course, so if you're just reading the workbook, you're only getting a small portion of it. I think that's a good way to synthesize FA information into USMLE questions.

Another good option might be Goljan. He also tends to help you understand how questions are asked on the test.

But before you do any of that, you should probably do some sort of self-assessment to see where you stand and what your strengths/weaknesses are. Without that, you won't really know where you should be investing your time.

hy i have done DIT 3 times ( video lec + Notes)

I have also done only Goljan (audio + Goljan Notes+ rapid review here and there where i felt the need). I dint do kaplan patho at all.

As i said i have taken NBME 7 and scored 215 and Kaplan diagnostic 59%

so what else should i do? Kaplan Qbank i have done here and there not thoroughly.

Sounds like you've been working hard. If you're still not happy with your score after all of that prep, I'm guessing that the trouble is with fundamental concepts. I think that the Kaplan lectures might be a good way to handle that. Or go back to basic textbooks.