1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help! Mississippi College vs USF

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by IamBlue, Aug 15, 2011.

1. IamBlue

Pre-Dental
    Hi all, I need help deciding!
    I am pre-dental and have been accepted to both Mississippi College's and University of South Florida's Masters in Medical Sciences programs. Initially I had decided on Mississippi College because it seems like a better program, but now I'm going back and forth. Here are some pros and cons that I can see right now:

USF
    Biggest pro: my family is a 2 hr drive away and I can go visit them on longer weekends and Tampa is a nicer place to live, I think.
    Cons: Out of state tuition for me will be $25k, it's a newer program, and 200 students in a class (harder to get LOR's?)

Mississippi College
    Pro: Tuition is only about $20k, seems like a good program, and I have a sister that's a 6-hour drive away.
    Con: Absolutely nothing to do in a tiny little town like Clinton, but I suppose I will be too busy studying anyway.

I would really appreciate some insight on what you guys think. I've deferred enrollment to spring semester for Mississippi college in case I want to go there. USF, however, starts next week! They are letting me start with the online program, and transfer over to their pre-professional program spring semester, when I'm ready to make the move.

Do you guys think the program really matters? Or, a masters is a masters? As long as I get a good GPA.
    Eke! Indecisive me...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.