Need help narrowing down school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STACM

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey whats up guys, I guess you can count me in on the list questions too! =) Trying to send in my app and this is the only thing holding me back

I was gonna try and pick 16 schools out of this list of 27 I got here, wasn't sure which to take out (or maybe add in). Are there any here anyone thinks I deffinetly should/should not apply to based on my stats?

I am an Arizona resident, Business/Technology major, around 3.7-3.8 GPA, around 3.4-3.5 Science GPA, havent taken the DAT but trying for at least a 19 or 20, around 700+ hours of community service (a big chunk of it between 4 hospitals), dentist shadowing, wrote a thesis for the honors college, and I guess thats about it. Oh yea, and I made my this list based largely on the number of out-of-state acceptances these schools had.

Any tips would be awesome, thanks!

Schools:

-ASDOH
-Loma Linda
-USC
-UOP
-Univ Colorado
-Univ Connect
-Nova
-Univ Louisville
-Univ Maryland
-Tufts
-Univ Michigan
-Univ Minnesota
-Univ Missouri
-Creighton
-Univ. Nebraska
-Univ Las Vegas
-Univ New Jersey
-Columbia
-NYU
-Univ Buffalo
-Case
-Temple
-Univ Penn
-Univ Pitts
-Meharry
-Virginia Commonwealth
-Marquette

Members don't see this ad.

They look okay, except I would take off Meharry unless you're an underrepresented minority. Also Loma Linda is in Seventh-day Adventist Church system so you they make you go to church as well take religion classes as part of your requirements. They also make you sign something that says you will refrain from drugs or alcohol. So you like to drink a beer now and then its a no no. I have heard its a really good school though if you don't mind all the other stuff.

They look okay, except I would take off Meharry unless you're an underrepresented minority. Also Loma Linda is in Seventh-day Adventist Church system so you they make you go to church as well take religion classes as part of your requirements. They also make you sign something that says you will refrain from drugs or alcohol. So you like to drink a beer now and then its a no no. I have heard its a really good school though if you don't mind all the other stuff.

cool good info, didnt know that, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive narrowed it down...how do these look?

-AT Still
-Case
-Columbia
-NYU
-Nova
-Temple
-Tufts
-Univ Colorado
-Univ Louisville
-Univ Maryland
-Univ Missouri
-Univ Penn
-Univ Pitt
-USC
-UOP
-Virginia Commonwealth

You will want to cut out Colorado. They only take Colorado residents or people of surrounding states, so its like pissing away $60. No, it's not written anywhere on their website, or at least wasn't when I applied so I found out the hard way.

Maybe I'll see you at an ASDOH interview......ASU has to represent...haha

You will want to cut out Colorado. They only take Colorado residents or people of surrounding states, so its like pissing away $60. No, it's not written anywhere on their website, or at least wasn't when I applied so I found out the hard way.

really...how come it doesnt show that for the statistics on predents.com? Said 34 in state / 16 out of state

Maybe I'll see you at an ASDOH interview......ASU has to represent...haha

haha for sure! I dont think i can do midwestern though cause they ask for too many pre-reqs. That 1 year of anatomy/phys is a killer since i dont have any yet

really...how come it doesnt show that for the statistics on predents.com? Said 34 in state / 16 out of state

Don't worry. 8 of those 16 out of staters were from AZ in 2006. So you are fine.

haha for sure! I dont think i can do midwestern though cause they ask for too many pre-reqs. That 1 year of anatomy/phys is a killer since i dont have any yet

Haha, yeah that's kind of a pain. I know this one girl that volunteers at the same clinic as I do, and she got into Midwestern for this year but she needed to take micro and another semester of anatomy before the end of the summer. She couldn't find any summer classes that she could take so she had to give up her spot, and now she has to reapply for next year.

Haha, yeah that's kind of a pain. I know this one girl that volunteers at the same clinic as I do, and she got into Midwestern for this year but she needed to take micro and another semester of anatomy before the end of the summer. She couldn't find any summer classes that she could take so she had to give up her spot, and now she has to reapply for next year.

Yea I already graduated a while ago, but im gonna take a few extra pre-reqs this fall, like biochem, micro, and anatomy since those seem to be the most common, but forget about doing spring too thats not worth it for just one school

if a school asks for 1 semester of Anatomy, or asks for Physiology, but your school only offers Anatomy/Physiology, is that ok to do? since its 50/50 rather than 100% one of them

Yea I graduated 2 years ago so I recently went back and took a few extra pre-reqs for dental school/masters. I don't know about that anatomy and physiology being separate. Because some say 4 credits of anatomy (w/ lab) and 4 credits of physiology. So since you have 4 credits of A & P would that satisfy? Idk. I took 201/202 anyway just to be safe, but I'm sure the school could let you know.

Don't worry. 8 of those 16 out of staters were from AZ in 2006. So you are fine.

Arizona is a surrounding state. Did I mention some interviews they give you geography questions, AT Still asked me if I were in Perth where would I be? You may want to beef up in that subject before you visit. j/k

Arizona is a surrounding state. Did I mention some interviews they give you geography questions, AT Still asked me if I were in Perth where would I be? You may want to beef up in that subject before you visit. j/k

Well, I said it not because I didn't know where Arizona and Colorado are, but because the fact that 50% of out of staters are from AZ is impressive enough to mention.
It was a little rude of you thinking that I'm dumb. :mad:

Well, I said it not because I didn't know where Arizona and Colorado are, but because the fact that 50% of out of staters are from AZ is impressive enough to mention.
It was a little rude of you thinking that I'm dumb. :mad:

A humble person cannot be offended.