Step II Need Help on a short time frame

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tryigntopass2

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, Thanks for the advice in advance. I'm a 4th year DO student who failed comlex 1 twice, but passed the third time. I just got my CE score back and failed with a 310. I have done my audition rotations and was well received. Most places said I would match if I pass my step 2 ce (which of course i failed). For me to match/scramble any of that this year i feel like i would have to take the test dec 15 the last possible test date for this year.

1) What advice do you have on me getting to a place where i can pass. Are there any tutors you can recommend? Is this something I can do on my own? How hard is it to increase 100 points in 1 month? Just not sure where to start.

2) What do you think the best approach is come match time. Ideally I pass, the programs i rotated at like me enough to rank me for IM and things are great. But, what if this fail no longer makes me a worthwhile candidate to them. How does this scramble process work? Should i do a transitional year and try and transfer? Just wondering what you guys think.