Need help on application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that the application process starts on the 1st of June, but I haven't taken DAT yet. I am still studying for DAT and want to spend more time on studying over the summer to get a better score, but I feel like that would be too late (Late August), so do you think that it is even worth to take the DAT soon before June 1st and submit it or submit everything except for DAT score and take the DAT sometime in the summer?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Your application will not be reviewed until they've received your DAT scores.

Of course, taking the DAT in August will delay your application and you will not be invited in the first few rounds of interviews, but if you feel you need the extra time to study, then go ahead.

I wrote mine mid June (studied 6 weeks), and it took until mid July for the schools to get my DAT score. I didn't get my first interview until late August. As people were getting interviews in July, I was getting extremely anxious at first, but in the end, I loved my DAT score and was glad I didn't totally rush it.