Need Help - Opportunity to become published

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

digitaltrader

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently trying to develop a innovative patient education website that I hope one day will become the first virtual free clinic run by medical students. I am currently in need of third and fourth year medical students to write review articles on basic medical conditions that can be understood by the average patient (no more than high school reading level). This is a great opportunity to become involved with patient education with the eventual possibility of a publication and may eventually receive national recognition. This is a great way to add to your CV for those residency interviews.

This project is the creation of a non-profit organization called MDforFree.com. Since the internet has become such a large resource for health information, it seems that if patients are to get information, it should be accurate. We are planning to start with twenty common diseases/illnesses and discuss a variety of issues surrounding them. Everything from the basics of what the disease is, to pathophysiology, to signs and symptoms, to treatment will be discussed with the most up-to-date medical knowledge and accepted treatment plans. In addition to this, we will provide summaries of current research in each of those topics, and some of the latest headlines from a variety of news sources. This will be done in a way to facilitate patient understanding of the discussed topics. In essence, we will discuss these topics in a language that everyone can understand. Furthermore, there will be discussion forums in each medical area where patients can discuss with others about various concerns they may have. Finally, we will provide extensive links to a variety of patient support groups.

The work for the website will be completed by us and other medical students, but we would like your support for this project. Of course every medical topic posted will be under intense scrutiny from several people to ensure that the most accurate and correct information is distributed to patients. Please feel free to check out our current progress at MDforFree. Some links may not work at this point.

If you have any further questions please email me at: [email protected]

Sincerely,

Dirk Perritt MSIV

Members don't see this ad.

At this point we need three editors and article writers for the following topics:

Allergies
Alzheimer's
Anemia
Angina
Arthritis
Asthma
Back Pain
Cancer (Breast, Lung, Prostate, General)
Cholecsyitis
Chronic fatigue
Cold & Flu
Congestive Heart Failure
COPD
Depression
Diabetes
Epilepsy
Fibromyalgia
Headaches
Heart Attack
Heart Burn
Hypertension
Incontinence
Irritable Bowel
Menaopause
Obesity
Otitis Media
Parkinson's Disease
Pregnancy
Stroke
Thyroid Disorders

I would love to do the arthritis and fibromyalgia topics, but I was wondering what I need to do for these sections.

Your help would definitely be appreciated and those topics have not yet been taken. I need you to send me an email from your school address to verify your enrollment. Just send me a note to [email protected] and I'll send you some details.

Thanks