Need Help Organizing My Life

D

deleted421268

I am a high school sophomore atm. I started out wanting to be a lawyer and took honors history and math as my only honors in freshman year. I really slacked off big time freshman year and only had a 3.1 uw and 3.25 w with C in my honors HIstory class, but A in my honors Geometry class. I got recommended for regular history this year, but like the idiot I am made the wrong choice and waived to honors history this year. ATM this year I will either have a 3.41 uw and 3.55 w or 3.55 uw and 3.71 w depending on if I get a C or D final in history, but the rest of my grades were really good to compensate for history. In my regular bio class though I had a 92, 96, 95 first three semesters and teacher recommended me for honors chemistry next year. Next Year I will take Honors Pre Calc, Honors Chem, and AP Pysch with everything else regular. Now i decided health care route is better, like Doc, Pharmacy, and to stay away from law route lol. Anything advice or words of wisdom in getting everything together. Still exploring in high school.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're fine.

Looks like you are improving your GPA and heading in the right direction! Keep doing what you are doing.

I suggest you go investigate the health fields that interest you if you haven't already just so you can have a better idea if you really want to do it.

Nothing matters until you go to college. Take whatever you want in high school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Technically none of your HS grades matter for admission to med school, they will matter for college admission. I think the most important thing for you right now is to continue to improve your studying habits.

Find what you want to do and start immersing yourself in it for some period of time (maybe 4-6 months or a summer internship). There have been plenty of things I considered in high school (and even in college), but actual experience in it made me decide otherwise. It's not a bad thing to be checking out different paths as long as you're continually learning about yourself, the world, and your place in it. Having internships or work experience + speaking with or shadowing those in the field should refine your ideas of what you may want to pursue.

I finished with a D in my honors History class therefore my cumulative gpa combining both freshman year and sophomore year is 3.24 uw and 3.4 w now. And next year I decided not to take AP Pysch and to wait till Senior Year to take it. So next year all regular except honors chem and pre calc. Goal is to take AP in a science and Calc in senior year as well. My goal next year is to get close to 4.0 as possible so I can take AP Pysch Senior Year with confidence. Wish me luck guys. **** got SATz and main goal now is just to get into any local and nearby solid college.

You still have alot of time left. Just make sure you use effective study habits throughout the rest of high school to bring your grades back up. If you just google study habits you can find a whole bunch and choose the ones that you feel suits you best. Good luck!

Forgive my old age and ignorence, other than the educational aspect of AP classes... what is the value of taking an AP class and getting lets say a B or just taking a regular class and getting an A?

Forgive my old age and ignorence, other than the educational aspect of AP classes... what is the value of taking an AP class and getting lets say a B or just taking a regular class and getting an A?

Well if you're in an AP class you can take the AP exam and receive college credit if you pass. In a regular class you don't have this opportunity. Also, at least at my high school, the GPA of a B in an AP class is still higher than the GPA of an A in a regular class.

I am a high school sophomore atm. I started out wanting to be a lawyer and took honors history and math as my only honors in freshman year. I really slacked off big time freshman year and only had a 3.1 uw and 3.25 w with C in my honors HIstory class, but A in my honors Geometry class. I got recommended for regular history this year, but like the idiot I am made the wrong choice and waived to honors history this year. ATM this year I will either have a 3.41 uw and 3.55 w or 3.55 uw and 3.71 w depending on if I get a C or D final in history, but the rest of my grades were really good to compensate for history. In my regular bio class though I had a 92, 96, 95 first three semesters and teacher recommended me for honors chemistry next year. Next Year I will take Honors Pre Calc, Honors Chem, and AP Pysch with everything else regular. Now i decided health care route is better, like Doc, Pharmacy, and to stay away from law route lol. Anything advice or words of wisdom in getting everything together. Still exploring in high school.
Just stick to doing your best - make sure that you are always working hard - especially in college since med/pharm/dental schools look at your college grades for admissions purposes