need help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rainforest

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am just an avg applicant so I am seeking for everyone opinions to see. I had mix messages from dental schools that I am interested in about Postbach and master. some prefer me do master and other prefer one year heavy science course load. My school does not have a post bach program so I have to either enroll as a non-degree student or go for a second bachelor degree (both are very expensive); however, the master program can offer me assistant with tution but most of them require 2 years eventhough without thesis....so what should I do??? nondegree, degree, or master??? Any insight is helpful...thank you for reading my post :(

Members don't see this ad.

I think this matter is literally discussed every other thread.

Thank you burgler09, I am new to this forum/site...I guess I'll just have to search every page to find someone with similar situation as I am.

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt most have time to read and then reply to 100's of threads. If someone isn't interested in answering your question, then they should move to the next thread... Therefore, you have a great question.

Do you have a science degree already? What is your GPA? Have you taken the DAT and what did you score? Etc... You need to provide more info.

I would say an average student can get into dental school, look at the below the 3.0 club thread, but you better have great DAT scores.

By the way, every single d-school says take advance science courses, so really that is just a general statement.

The masters thing is new to me for d-school, but I know of a program that has a masters that is prep work for M.D... so I guess it could happen. But most of those people are only there one yr and never even see a thesis.

shawn, just wait til you've been here a bit longer.. theres prolly 3 of the same situation on page 2 alone.

Thank you Shawn and other who had PM me :)...it's comforting to know that there are nice people out there. I did read the 3.0 club, very inspirational...so I am keeping my head up high and hopefully I'll be on the right path :) again, thank you to all for all the great suggestions:love:

P.S. Shawn, I pm you with all the answers

Sorry I'm adding on to this post but studentdoctor won't let me make a new thread yet (I'm a newbie). I'm a neurobiology major but AADSAS won't let me put that in as my major. What should I choose instead? Biology seems the closest but I don't know if I want to be written off as another Biology major. Thanks!

Oops also, where would you put your minor on AADSAS? I don't think they provide a space for that, just majors....