Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,
I have a question regarding retaking some premed requirements at a community college. I graduated from UCLA 12 years ago with a GPA of 3.1 in Bio. From what I know most of these classes need to be repeated before I can apply to med schools. Besides, I also want to improve my GPA. Does anyone know what classes should be repeated and whether it's detrimental to my chances of getting into med schools if I retake these classes at a community college? It's just a lot cheaper and the scheduling is more flexible. I work full-time, married and have 2 kids. This assumes I will do well on the MCAT (32+). I am aware that I ideally should take these classes at a university level but I just wonder if anyone has done some of their prereqs at a CC. Thank you so much in advance.
I have a question regarding retaking some premed requirements at a community college. I graduated from UCLA 12 years ago with a GPA of 3.1 in Bio. From what I know most of these classes need to be repeated before I can apply to med schools. Besides, I also want to improve my GPA. Does anyone know what classes should be repeated and whether it's detrimental to my chances of getting into med schools if I retake these classes at a community college? It's just a lot cheaper and the scheduling is more flexible. I work full-time, married and have 2 kids. This assumes I will do well on the MCAT (32+). I am aware that I ideally should take these classes at a university level but I just wonder if anyone has done some of their prereqs at a CC. Thank you so much in advance.