Apr 6, 2010
Status
MD/PhD Student
What are the best mcq books with explanation that model the mcq's similar to the usmle, besides qbank, kaplan and usmle world for each of these subjects?

1. pathology
2. pharmacology
3. biochemistry
4. physiology
5. anatomy
6. micro and immuno

plz just give me one best book for each subject that has excellent answers and question explanation modeling similar to usmle reasoning type questions.

kryptik

10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
1. pathology - Robins Pathology Question book
2. pharmacology - Pretest Pharmacology
3. biochemistry -
4. physiology - Pretest Physiology
5. anatomy - Appleton and Lange Review of Anatomy
6. micro and immuno

illixir

One
10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm not sure what kind of situation you're in that you can only use books but RR biochem has some good questions that are online. RR path also comes with online questions. Definately have to second Robbins review. That's if you want to do questions for targeted learning

If you need a book cause you can't do a qbank then I'd say get the kaplan qbook and first aid q and a. That'll give you 2000 questions.

Apr 6, 2010
Status
MD/PhD Student
the thing is i just started to learn these subjects so i want to save the qbank and usmle world, but at the same time supplant a mcq book because no learning is actually successful if u have no feedback as to if ur gaining the knowledge and applying it or not.

Which is why i am trying to do mcq's similar to usmle with each subject.

but at the same time some books like appleton and lange- pharmacology are straight forward mcq question book with horrible explanation so i think it is a waste to do such books.

That is why i rather stick to doing one mcq book for each subject now but clear my concepts.