Need help raising sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ems1243

Reaction score
I am graduating this December but will still need one more class to bump my science gpa to where I want it. (Side note, I had mono for four months my first semester freshman year which really affected how I did in my classes but I have retaken those science/math classes and got all As and Bs.) I am planning on taking Calculus 2 after graduation but I just need opinions if this is a good plan or if there is something else I should do. I will be taking the MCAT in late March and will be hopefully applying to DO schools once I get my results.

Members don't see this ad.

math isn't part of the science gpa when applying DO

Members don't see this ad :)
math isn't part of the science gpa when applying DO
So I looked at this website to see what classes were technically science classes and in the second to last column (named Other Sciences) it has listed Health Sciences. I am a Health Science major so do you think all of my required classes in that Health Science department would be included? I plan on also asking my advisor but would love your opinion also.

So I looked at this website to see what classes were technically science classes and in the second to last column (named Other Sciences) it has listed Health Sciences. I am a Health Science major so do you think all of my required classes in that Health Science department would be included? I plan on also asking my advisor but would love your opinion also.
Sounds OK.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are interested, I can point you in the direction of some seriously easy online upper level science courses.

If you are interested, I can point you in the direction of some seriously easy online upper level science courses.
Hello,

Im doing ok so far, got all As except a B in the first Chem. I'm worried how Organic chem and bio chem will go. I would be interested in the upper level science courses you would suggest.

Thanks,

Mark

They have a bunch of upper level online courses that are fairly easy. The easiest one that sticks out is called readings in biology, basically you read 2 books for every credit and do a book report. It’s like a 400/4000 level class. There’s usually a course called emerging infectious diseases, which is really great, you learn a lot, it isn’t hard, and also online.

Fellow health science major here. my Biomechanics, kinesiology, and nutrition courses did count towards my sGPA on AACOMAS and AMCAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.