need help reschedule/cancel DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueBeetle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so my test is on March 18th. I was wondering if i cancel the test, will I lose the money i paid outright or will it let me reschedule the test at a later date without having to pay for the whole test again. Also when i try to reschedule it says there is a 100 dollar rescheduling fee? Does the 6 days not count weekends?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

...100? I remember it was like 25 each rescheduling I did, and that was less than a year ago.

yeah, it's ridiculous. Plus I thought i was over the week period since its technically a week from tomorrow? I want to cancel it, but i'm not sure if I can reschedule after canceling without having to pay again...

I believe that you lose your money if you cancel it. Rescheduling is your best option even if its 100$ fee.

This is straight off their site:

"Rescheduling Testing Appointments

Rescheduling your testing appointment will result in a rescheduling fee.

A candidate who wishes to reschedule his or her testing appointment must contact Prometric in advance of the testing appointment and pay a fee directly to Prometric. The fee schedule is as follows:

Rescheduling Fees

$100 One to five business days prior to the testing appointment
$60 Six to 30 business days prior to the testing appointment
$25 31+ business days prior to the testing appointment
**Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays are NOT business days**
Appointments can be rescheduled by calling 800.688.5804 or through www.prometric.com. Leaving a message for a local test center is not sufficient; the local test center cannot schedule, reschedule, or cancel your appointment.

Canceling Testing Appointments

If you cancel your testing appointment and do not schedule another exam within six months, the cancelation will result in a complete forfeiture of your examination fee (as noted in Step 2 above, examination fees are nonrefundable)."

Members don't see this ad :)
Canceling Testing Appointments

If you cancel your testing appointment and do not schedule another exam within six months, the cancelation will result in a complete forfeiture of your examination fee (as noted in Step 2 above, examination fees are nonrefundable)."

Oh okay, that's what I wanted to know. So if I cancel, as long as I sign up again within 6 months I don't have to pay for another test just the 100 dollar reschedule fee correct?

thanks for the help btw!