need help/suggestions September PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshinelover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am registered for taking PCAT in September.

I want to know what books are good for studying/preparing. i know others have asked this question before and i saw alot of people mentioned Dr. Collins. But would it be worth it to buy it because i dont have alot of time..

I am doing kaplan pcat book as of right now. Any other books I should get OTHER than collins?
I have heard that some people use MCAT books to prepare for PCAT. what books are good?

Please reply..anything is appreciated..
people who have already taken PCAT please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I am registered for taking PCAT in September.

I want to know what books are good for studying/preparing. i know others have asked this question before and i saw alot of people mentioned Dr. Collins. But would it be worth it to buy it because i dont have alot of time..

I am doing kaplan pcat book as of right now. Any other books I should get OTHER than collins?
I have heard that some people use MCAT books to prepare for PCAT. what books are good?

Please reply..anything is appreciated..
people who have already taken PCAT please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance

I would wanna buy the REA flascard as well if i were you. It includes about 100 questions and lengthy explanations for verbal, chem, math and bio. I liked that book :)

When is your test date?

Oh there are also a couple of websites that you can learn chemistry and math online, im not sure about bio though.

test date september 28th..

and let me know if you find out about any websites..
i know there are chad videos thats good with chem..

Members don't see this ad :)
test date september 28th..

and let me know if you find out about any websites..
i know there are chad videos thats good with chem..

Oh I used khanacademy.org for studying orgo. I've seen many other sites for math and chem around the forum but i forgot exactly where.:p

If your test date is September 28th, that's plenty of time to get the Dr Collins and start studying. Trust me, I used it and got a 98 composite. Almost everyone I've seen on here that got 90+ studied using Dr Collins.

quick question:

is dr. collins packet...like just bunch of tests or is it like information and then questions on them ( kind of like kaplan book has it) ?

sorry i am not familiar with dr. collins so just want to make sure

quick question:

is dr. collins packet...like just bunch of tests or is it like information and then questions on them ( kind of like kaplan book has it) ?

sorry i am not familiar with dr. collins so just want to make sure
info then a bunch of tests

i saw on craigslist someone selling the collins study guide with the jan 2011 updates for $110. worth it?