need help to get Interview in ER

Turfandbuff

7+ Year Member
  • Oct 29, 2011
    1. Non-Student
      hi guys,
      really need help, in the brink of failure.. how to get more interview when you already try all the thing
      this is my credentials step 1 250+, step 2 250+, CS pass, got 2 good SLOR but not from PD, no research in EM, now in preliminary medicine, & IMG.
      can someone give me some advise?

About the Ads

TooMuchResearch

i'm goin' to Kathmandu...
      10+ Year Member
      Oct 21, 2008
      Townsville, USA
      1. Attending Physician
        @link2swim06 i got 1 interview, too risky.... i applied more than 50 on september 20th....

@shenanigi Not too shabby but can't be georgio armani model i figure...

I think the mistakes were not applying everywhere that even remotely considers IMGs and not applying on Sep 15.

Maybe some well placed emails to PDs or coordinators might help?

dotcb

---------
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Oct 16, 2001
        pub36.ezboard.com
        1. Attending Physician
          Sounds like there may be a red flag lurking somewhere in your application given your scores (good), fact that you're in a prelim position and I'm assuming failed to match in desired specialty 1st time around. Perhaps apply to some more programs, but you should also have a back-up plan such as medicine or family med.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.