need help to study for the oat!!!!

Nrp103

EyeLoveit
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!!

So, I'm planning to take the OAT probably a good 6 months from now. I want to give myself a good time to study for the test because this is my first time taking it. Also, I am doing my post-bacc and working at lencrafters as well. Therefore, I was wondering if I can get any suggestions/ tips on how to study for the test? I personally want to take the kaplan review to study for the exam. ( I learn better when someone is reviewing over the material rather than by myself because I do get distracted at times). However, I heard some mixed reviews saying that Kaplan isn't all that great?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Six months is a great amount of time. It means you can spend less time per day, and prevent burnout. I only had three weeks to study for the OAT (not recommended), and I used nothing but Chad's videos and my school notes. I was also wanting to avoid just looking through books on my own, and Chad's videos were perfect for that. The Biology section was very limited when I used them, but it may have been updated since then.

I had access to a Kaplan book but only used it for the practice test in the back. I've heard mixed reviews. I've also heard good things about OAT destroyer. If I were in your situation I would study for an hour or two every day using whatever resources you find most helpful and taking practice exams. I wish I had been able to do that instead of putting in 8 hour study days. Best of luck!

Edit: Reading through my post a second time, I realize that I didn't really say anything helpful. Luckily, I'm sure there will be others with some more specific tips.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can not recommend coursesaver.com (Chad's videos) enough! Great resource. Its spaced out by days too. Since you have so long, I'd do less than the spacing recommends then towards the middle start to go back over it. Good luck!

do less than the spacing recommends then towards the middle start to go back over it. Good luck!
GYgGEV