Need help understand pharmcas application!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chobo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was planning to take the test on June 2013 to enroll in the class of 2014. Do I need to fill the pharmcas again with new recommendation letters? Is there any way of avoiding this? I have e-submitted my application but the application came back because of the incorrect format of the coursework that I inputted. Can I still use this application this year (2013)? Can I fix the application, submit it , and take the test on June 1 of 2013? Thanks guys much help please!

Yes, unfortunately you would have to request new recommendation letters and rewrite you personal statement. However, you don't have to re-input the other portions of your PharmCAS application next cycle.

Yes, unfortunately you would have to request new recommendation letters and rewrite you personal statement. However, you don't have to re-input the other portions of your PharmCAS application next cycle.

Wait wait... what if you have the same motivation for pharmacy both time applying? how do you REWRITE your PS?

You just do a cut and paste no?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait wait... what if you have the same motivation for pharmacy both time applying? how do you REWRITE your PS?

You just do a cut and paste no?

Presumably the personal statement failed to impress the first time around.

So even if I haven't esubmitted the application, I still have to get new recommendations and etc?

Presumably the personal statement failed to impress the first time around.

Oh you know... I meant you wrote an impressive PS but your grade were kind of bad... and next semseter you brought it up by .4 or .5 pnt.s

Oh you know... I meant you wrote an impressive PS but your grade were kind of bad... and next semseter you brought it up by .4 or .5 pnt.s

Oh I see, OP isn't exactly a true reapplicant. My mistake :oops:

So even if I haven't esubmitted the application, I still have to get new recommendations and etc?

I believe so, because they close down the site between application cycles..

To OP. The new pharmcas application cycle for fall 2014 matriculation opens up in JULY of this year. So if you are applying to start pharm school in the fall of NEXT year 2014, then you cannot start a pharmcas app until July of this year. All apps submitted before June of this year will be only considered for 2013 fall admissions.

Therefore, if you completed this pharmcas app already and you are trying to attend in 2014, you will have to start over.

Fortunately for you, last year pharmcas JUST started a new "reactivation" procedure that allows re applicants to recover all their old info excluding LORs and their PS and grades. Therefore. you will need to ask for LORs again.

For your PS, if you have gotten interview invites but no acceptances, you'll probably have to make some revisions to your PS. if you have not received an interview, you should probably rewrite your stuff.

but you are kind of late in the cycle. If you have not received an interview yet, it might just be because of how late you submitted your app and has nothing to do with your PS. I may be wrong though