Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Need Help! - What to wear?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by luckyduck, Dec 24, 2001.

1. luckyduck

luckyduck Member

Medical Student
    OK, here is the deal... I have three interviews coming up (at UC, MCO and Case Western) in the new year. So far, my only interview has been at OUCOM (an osteopathic school), because I turned down 4 interviews at other osteopathic schools. At OUCOM I wore a tailored suit from Casual Corner that I absolutely love. The problem? It has a red jacket with black buttons over a black sheath-type dress. I originally bought it so that I would stand out (and I did :) ). I love it, but is red too overpowering and forward for these schools? (I must say that at the OUCOM interview, almost everyone had on black suits and looked almost clone-like!)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have to admit, at my interview at MCO, we looked like a group that had just left a funeral. I definitely think the outfit is appropriate there. You will stand out, but a bit of difference is good, I think (within reason, like a sharp outfit). The best thing: you love the outfit and that will shine through. Be yourself - that's what they want to see.

4. luckyduck

luckyduck Member

Medical Student
    Thanks ATC2MD! I think red suits my personality and the suit is super-sharp and professional! I did feel a little bold at the OUCOM interview, but in a good way. Any suggestions or opinions from other SDNers???

5. WSUreds

WSUreds Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Hey Luckyduck, check your private message. I sent you one awhile back.

6. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator

Resident [Any Field]
    luckyduck,
    Wear what YOU want to wear. I get tired of looking at funeral attire, so I didn't go with the traditional blue/black colors. And you know what...I didn't get castigated!
    I agree w/ ATC2MD...as long as you dress w/in reason, you're fine!

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I wore a red shell with my black pants suit to my Columbia and Albany interviews. I was the only person wearing red, but I felt like I looked fine, and nobody did any double-takes! :D