Need help with a school list/WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrRipStudwell

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I unfortunately did not make it into dental school last year and am reapplying this year. I think I screwed up by applying October 30th, so hopefully this year goes a little better. I'm going to be applying first week that it opens up to maximize my chances.

State of residency: MI
cGPA and sGPA: 3.35c and 3.2s
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 21/20/22
Shadowing: Around 300 hours shadowing dentists
Volunteering: Not too much volunteering, was a Red Cross member but did not do much with that and worked for a few political parties sparsely. Also helped in a few university conventions for kids.
Research: 1000 hours between a cancer lab and a pysch/bio lab.
Extracurricular: Currently working as a clinical research coordinator for my gap year.
Honors: Half my undergrad tuition paid by scholarship. co-author of an abstract.

LOR Type: Last year I had 3 strong research professors, and a weak science teacher. I plan on changing one research with a dentist, however I also have a senator and a top ranked endocrinologist as potential letters. I'm unsure if it's worth adding them, any input would be great!

Undergrad: Wayne State
Major: Biology
Minority: Middle-Eastern/Lebanese, considered white but I put middle-eastern.
State of Residence: Michigan
Reapplicant: Yes
Nontrad: No

Misc info: I feel like I've got decent overall stats, however my GPA is absolutely under what it should be. I started my first year with a 2.9 and kind of just averaged a 3.5 randomly until it went to where it is.

Current school list, fully willing to change. Any tips on this list would be great as I would love to get into anything at this point.
Midwest
Roseman
Tufts
University of Colorado
Howard
Meharry
U of M Ann Arbor(dream school, super duper hopeful but doubtful here)
Mercy(wait listed me)
Kentucky
Lake Eerie