Need Help with AADSAS Grade Conversion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm submitting my grades into AADSAS and im having trouble with the conversion. I submit my grade that appears on my transcript (say B+ = 3.5 at my college). I enter AB for the AADSAS grade b/c AB = 3.5 on the AADSAS scale. <<< correct me if im wrong on that.. Anyways, after I press save the AB changes to B+ and the B+ also shows up on the coursework page. So instead of
Transcript Grade =B+
AADSAS Grade = AB

it is show up as
Transcript Grade =B+
AADSAS Grade = B+

Why is it doing that? Is this happening to anybody else?
I'm a little worried b/c a B+ on the AADSAS scale is 3.3 not 3.5.

Please help,
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure that if your school uses a letter +/- system it will show the exact same letter grade on AADSAS, regardless of the 4.0 scale for it. They say in the directions your GPA may be slightly lower because of this. Rather foolish system imho :(

Hi,

I'm submitting my grades into AADSAS and im having trouble with the conversion. I submit my grade that appears on my transcript (say B+ = 3.5 at my college). I enter AB for the AADSAS grade b/c AB = 3.5 on the AADSAS scale. <<< correct me if im wrong on that.. Anyways, after I press save the AB changes to B+ and the B+ also shows up on the coursework page. So instead of
Transcript Grade =B+
AADSAS Grade = AB

it is show up as
Transcript Grade =B+
AADSAS Grade = B+

Please help,
Thanks

B+ is a 3.33 on AADSAS in terms of GPA with +/-. It doesn't matter what scale your university uses.

Members don't see this ad :)
AADSAS has to use a "standardized" system to account for some schools using +/-, AB etc.... and some schools that do not. I think AADSAS causes more problems in the application cycle than they help..........oh well. Anyway, wow, a B+ is a 3.5 at your school!!!!! At mine, a B+ is a 3.3 and thats that.....seems like you guys have it easy..........j/k!!!!;)

there are no 3.7 A-'s with a 3.5 B+ though... I have a couple of 92% B+'s therefore that count as a 3.5 at my school and will count as a 3.3 in AADSAS. My GPA would definitely be higher if we were on a system with B+'s and A-'s. So really my school is using an A/AB/B/BC/C... grade system but calling the AB's and BC's B+'s and C+'s, which ends up screwing us in AADSAS.

Hey

when i calculate my GPA..do i just convert all my percentages from each course to a GPA..and then average them?

Hi,

Transcript Grade =B+
AADSAS Grade = AB

it is show up as
Transcript Grade =B+
AADSAS Grade = B+

Please help,
Thanks

Do you go to Rutgers? I did... and yeah you have to accept the 3.3, it sucks :)